Wednesday, July 10, 2013

donny and marie

Who wants to go to the Donny and Marie show for free tomorrow night. We must arrive between 6:30-7pm to guarantee a seat. Any takers? - Tues Jul 9, 6:27pm
 

DonnaLyn sent out a mass text asking who'd be interested in going to the Donny & Marie show at the Flamingo. zumba can wait. i needed to respond right away! this was too exciting to delay.

She sent me the contact number so that I could also request a couple more tickets - heck yes.

Meet at the showroom at 6:30pm tomorrow at the flamingo hotel... - Will do, donnalyn, will do.
 
I ended up getting 4 tickets of my own with a call or two. Batta-boom! 4 tickets does not cover my family though....I should've been more aggressive when asking for those free tickets. I'll learn.
 
Ultimately, Amy, Dad, Mom, and I ended up going. we met DL's group outside the showroom.
 
The really nice security man told us that Donny was sick, so it'd be more of a 'Marie' show, with invited guest, older brother Merrill to spruce up the show in his place.
 
We got fair seats in the back. the photographer made his rounds.
 
We had fun reading the 'fun facts' about the osmonds on the big overhead screens.
 
Just before the show started (they were running late by a good half hour), one usher guy came to my family's table and motioned us to follow him. gladly. we followed him one, two, three levels down...all the way to the front row of the stage! we were informed that we now sat in the most expensive seats of the house. woah!
 
from that little red dot where I sat with my little black dotted family. the table behind us includes the rest of the group/DL

I chuckled with guilty delight, but I didn't want to make eye contact with my friends who were still left clear toward the back entrance. thankfully, the ushers eventually motioned them to closer seats as well.
 
to the new spot right up front. DL's group got moved to good spots too, see?
 
We danced, we boogied, we came on screen now and again for all to see. I tried to look top notch for my big screen premier moments.
 
The show was okay. I was too focused on looking good for the spotlight and cringing at Marie's singing spit to fully enjoy the show. It was also a little improv-ish what with Donny not making it and all, but Marie and Merrill covered for it well.
 
Cool story: my aunt in Utah is good friends with Marie Osmond. my cousins babysit for her kids.
So I felt some sort of weird connection to her without her ever knowing about my all-too-stalkerish thoughts.
 
And there you have it. from $0 seats, to $300 seats...I felt like a winner. I don't know what brought on such a luck streak, but I like it. thanks DL!

No comments: